Global 5-hmC DNA ELISA Kit Overview
The Global 5-hmC DNA ELISA Kit is designed to detect and quantify 5-hydroxymethylcytosine (5-hmC) levels in genomic DNA from samples with different disease states, treatment conditions, clinical outcomes or environmental backgrounds. Quantification of 5-hmC using the Global 5-hmC DNA ELISA Kit is consistent with mass spectrometry, while allowing for higher throughput processing of samples and requiring only nanogram amounts of genomic DNA.
DNA hydroxymethylation has been shown to play an important role in both embryonic and neuronal development and disease pathogenesis. Research indicates a global decrease in 5-hmC levels associated with numerous cancers, while changes to the abundance of 5-hmC has been associated with neurodegenerative disorders making it a proposed molecular marker and therapeutic target.
The Global 5-hmC DNA ELISA Kit contains an optimized protocol and all necessary reagents to perform DNA fragmentation, plate coating, capture, and colorimetric detection of 5-hmC. For quantitative analysis, a synthetic DNA standard oligo containing an exact number of 5-hmC is included in the kit. Serial dilutions of the standard can be utilized to generate a standard curve for determination of both molar and % 5-hmC values in the DNA samples.
Global 5-hmC DNA ELISA Highlights
- Highly sensitive; assay reliably detects as little as 0.16% 5-hmC
- Assay compatible with as little as 5 ng of genomic DNA
- Compatible with genomic DNA from vertebrates, plants, or microbes
- Synthetic 5-hmC DNA standard allows reliable and reproducible quantification of both % and nM 5-hmC
- Downloadable Data Analysis spreadsheet makes quantifying 5-hmC in samples super easy [Click to download]
Global 5-hmC DNA ELISA Kit Contents & Storage
The Global 5-hmC DNA ELISA Kit contains sufficient reagents to perform 96 reactions. While the kit is shipped on dry ice, it contains reagents with multiple storage temperatures inside. Please confirm receipt of all reagents upon arrival and store items at the appropriate temperatures as indicated below. All reagents are guaranteed stable for 6 months from date of receipt when stored properly. This kit includes the following components:
- MseI enzyme (10 U/μl); Store at -20°C
- MseI Reaction Buffer (10X); Store at -20°C
- 5-hmC DNA Standard (20X, 100 ng/μl); Store at -20°C
- DNA Binding Agent (lyophilized); Store at -20°C
- 5-Hydroxymethylcytosine pAb; Store at -20°C
- Anti-rabbit HRP-conj. secondary Ab; Store at 4°C
- Antibody Dilution Buffer; Store at 4°C
- 20X Wash Buffer; Store at 4°C
- Developing Solution; Store at 4°C
- Buffer W2 (2X); Store at 4°C
- 96-well plate; Store at 4°C
- Stop Solution; Store at RT
- Plate sealer; Store at RT
- 0.2 ml PCR stripwell tubes; Store at RT
Global 5-hmC DNA ELISA Kit Data
Figure 1: Synthetic 5-hmC DNA standard generates reliable and consistent standard curves.
Figure 2: Global 5-hmC DNA ELISA Kit quantification of 5-hmC is nearly identical to mass spectrometry.
Figure 3: 5-hmC quantification using the Global 5-hmC DNA ELISA Kt is superior to competitor’s kit.
Global 5-hmC DNA ELISA Kit Documents
You might also be interested in:
|Global 5-hmC DNA ELISA Kit||1 x 96 rxns||55025||¥6,240||Buy|